Join the Think CBT Team - Providing Specialist CBT Across the UK and Online by Video Link
Join our Specialist UK-wide Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Team and Contribute to Better Lives Worth Changing For.
If you are a fully qualified and BABCP accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, join the UK's fastest growing independent CBT network. We are a commercially ethical psychological service, managed by therapists for the mutual benefits of our clients and our associate practitioners. Our aim is to make tangible improvements in the psychological health and well-being of our clients, contributing to better lives worth changing for. If you want to join our associate network, follow this link to our online application form.
Why Join Our Associate Team?
We operate as a commercially ethical psychological service, delivering the highest standards of CBT at a rate that our clients can afford. Unlike some of the larger agencies and CBT clinics, we do not exploit the system by applying excessive charges or making a profit at the expense of the client and the therapist. Clients pay for the service that they receive and therapists receive the full rate for the work that they do.
Think CBT associates gain all of the advantages of being part of a close team of professionals, without the hefty commission charges or excessive financial profit margins applied by many other private CBT businesses. You will work alongside colleagues within our team without sacrificing your own independence or other work commitments. You will not be asked to operate restrictive covenants or limit your own private practice activities.
joining the Think CBT team involves being part of a professional community of practice, whilst maintaining your individuality and independence.
As a Think CBT associate you will be a welcome member of a UK-wide team of CBT specialists, providing face-to-face and online CBT.We are not an agency or directory service, so you will be treated as a colleague and team member. Key benefits include;
- A personalised profile on our popular website which attracts up to 10,000 visitors each month.
- Regular private referrals by text alert and email.
- Professional written confirmations for your clients, including our therapy agreement outlining terms and conditions.
- Access to our library of free CBT resources and materials.
- Invitations to free monthly group supervision and our specialist supervision circles.
- Involvement in specialist study groups and access to online CPD events.
- Membership of the Think CBT therapist forum; sharing ideas, resources and supervision questions.
- A designated user account and unique Think CBT email address.
- Access to over 50 established psychometric tests for use in screening and assessment.
- Back office support when you need help or advice.
Our operating model is designed to take the administrative burden out of attracting and appointing new clients. We take care of all of the admin so that you can focus on delivering high-quality CBT. Unlike other providers, we won't ask you to complete time-consuming reports or measures following each session.
Think CBT Recruitment Criteria
We are passionate about excellent clinical practice, good customer service and professional standards within the field of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. We set our recruitment threshold high to ensure that our associates are the best that the CBT profession can offer. We know that our success is dependent on the quality of our associate team members. We have therefore set the following criteria as a minimum standard for associate applications:
- Completion of a post-graduate / Masters level qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- A minimum of two years post qualification experience in either an NHS or a private clinical setting.
- Professional accreditation status with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP).
- Professional liability insurance to practice in the UK.
- DBS certification to work as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist. (This includes enhanced disclosure for therapists working with children and designated vulnerable groups).
Applicants must also have a good performance record, no outstanding disciplinary or professional action and professional references available upon request. If you can demonstrate the above criteria and if you are committed to working to the highest standards of professional practice, follow this link to our simple online application.
Please ensure that you have a professional profile picture, your insurance policy number and your BABCP accreditation number before completing our online recruitment form.
The Think CBT Refferal Process and Operating Model
We have invested in workflow technology to minimise the time and administration required to deliver a slick and professional client referral and confirmation process. The process involves:
- Text alerts and emails with client referral details.
- A 10 minute call to the client to ensure that you can help and that the therapeutic match is right, before booking the first 50/60 minute appointment.
- A simple confirmation screen that allows you to confirm the date and time of the appointment together with any requested screening assessments.
- A system generated written confirmation for your client, confirming the appointment details, terms and conditions and payment process.
- Screening tests and and an intake assessment report delivered to your Think CBT email account two days before the first appointment.
- Client feedback assessment delivered to your Think CBT email account within 60 days of the initial appointment. (This will include a 10 point client feedback questionnaire, GAD7 and PHQ9 to help you stay on track of your treatment goals and obtain independent feedback from your client).
in return for these services, therapists pay a single one-off £50 admin fee for each new client, to cover the costs of administration and the delivery of the above services. To apply for associate membership, follow this link.
Quotes from our Therapists
"I have worked with the Think CBT team for several years and would thoroughly recommend them to any therapist looking to join a fair and ethical private practice"
Lyn Snowden, Counselling Psychologist & Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
"As a therapist starting out in private practice Think CBT has been an excellent source of referrals and support. I have felt very welcomed by the team, and have enjoyed the independence offered by their approach. Their rates of pay are extremely competitive and I have received a high number of referrals. I would not hesitate to recommend joining the team."
Rhianna Blackwell, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
"I love working with Think CBT because they prioritise the needs of their clients and their therapists. Always willing to go the extra mile to provide information or support and they make the therapeutic process as seamless as possible."
Julia Donald, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
"I have found Think CBT to be a very professional company and I have had some good referrals from them. Their offerings include free group supervision, message boards and CPD and they feel like a progressive and dynamic company."
Rob Thomson, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
"One of the great things about Think CBT is their smooth and minimal administrative process. It reflects an appreciation of therapists and the work they do by allowing them to really focus on the therapeutic work with the client. "
Veena Ugargol, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
“I would recommend Think CBT to colleagues working in private practice. I’ve worked as an associate team member for several years now and receive regular client referrals. I’m also an active participant in group supervision which is an excellent way of sharing knowledge and promoting best practice. "
Caroline Kieran, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
NHS Service Partnership
We also provide CBT to frontline medical staff in the NHS under a service contract. Whilst the administration process relies on the same simple process outlined above, therapists are paid directly by Think CBT at a £60 per session flat rate. This compares favourably with other NHS private providers who pay between £42.50 and £45 per session. Find out more about our NHS work email email@example.com
If you require any further information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org,